11/14/2013

Tips & Tricks Thursday- "taking the emotion out of the pricing"

 

 

As an artist I know how hard it is to price something you have made with your own two hands.  I think for me each painting I make has just a little bit of my soul in each piece and because of that I have ALWAYS struggled with pricing.  


I either:  

Price too high because I love it so much and I figure if a person will pay that magic number that they love it just as much as me and will take care of it (I know crazy!)  

-or-

Price it on the low end because I: didnt want to look greedy/ never give myself enough credit for my skills (that I have been working on for years(!!)).  If I am not a master I shouldnt charge anything but novice pricing right?!?!  (wrong, just wrong) 


Are you in those boats too?  Struggle with pricing?  


I had a great friend recently send me this link to a Crafts Calculator.  Have you seen it before?  If you havent check it out!  

The Crafts Calculator is great, enter in a few pieces of information and BOOM it gives you a price with no  worry about the emotional process of pricing it just looks at the facts and gives you a price.  And  bonus, if it feels a bit scary to price something that way that may be a good sign, being a bit nervous and out of your comfort zone is good.  But if you want use the tool as that just another tool use it as a jumping off point for your pricing woes. 

I promise over time you will figure out what works best with you, listen to your gut oh artsy one, it will always steer you right!  

Until we meet again, get crafty folks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment